Sunday 30 August 2020

Finding laughter in the things you do that are unforgettable


Being able to look back on things and laugh is a sign that however much it seemed serious at the time, I can look back and laugh, and see that it was all okay. 

I have done some things in my time being only 21 + 20 that could not be made up if you tried. Example, when I once went to the park around from where I lived in Hammersmith and not realising put my hands and knees in dog poo and not just a little bit a huge amount, and had to walk all the way back through my estate, so easily seen, covered in excretion.

Doing my R.E exam I ended up doing the completely wrong section of the examination paper because I didn't understand the Roman numeral numbers, that I think I was only given a grade because I still answered all the questions. 

When I went orienteering during a school trip ended up almost going back to London, and getting bored decided to pretend a stick was a javelin and throw it only for it to fall straight back on my head, and one of the kids wrote about it to read in front of the whole school during our last Church Service, in our final year.

When I went on a field trip with my secondary school, wore the wrong coloured jeans, White and of course I fell straight into the mud, and so had to throw my white jeans away, leaving my fellow pupils laughing their heads off.

WHY DID YOU WEAR WHITE JEANS? 

When I went to Blackpool I took the lights out because I was throwing a ball and hit the switch that turned them all off, leaving the guy on the stall puzzled and worried of how to turn them all back on. 

Once drunk on new years eve, almost fell into a karaoke as I climbed up on a stall and was so drunk I almost fell off, and the guy running the Karaoke panicked and shut it all away, because he thought I was going to fall into it and break it. 

When I was a kid I would often get locked in my nans (on my dad side) toilet and couldn't get out. 

My nickname at Primary school was Tommy, from Cannon and Ball, as I would wear red braces to hold my skirt up, and this Dinner lady who was proper irish, still called me it 10 years later, would shout across the hall where we had our lunch "Rock on Tommy".

This was due to being bored in the dinner queue, personating Bobby Ball. 

The whole school got told off, because a song was made up about our music teacher who had a bald patch, and those that were in the choir, i.e: me forgot one choir practice and sang it again, at which the headmaster came and told us off, and we all mainly me had to apologise to her.

Then we did a school play of Macbeth, at which I played Seyton, and thinking I would get a really cool costume, ended up having to wear a white shirt, black trousers and a potato sack cut up made into a apron. Then one performance of this play, the person who was supposed to be the servant didn't turn up, and so I got grabbed and pushed on to take that role instead, not knowing any of those lines. So the girl who played Macbeth whispered them to me, for me to say them out loud, and then had to instantly change there and then as Seyton. 

Basically you have to laugh, and hand ups "My name is Carrie and I am potty" but when you meet me you never forget me, as I will often do things that only clowns, Norman Wisdom or Frank Spencer would do, but are unforgettable, and I like making people laugh it has been what has kept me going and why not?

Life if about living and if you haven't lived and laughed then now is the time. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 

 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment